This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz
In short, here are a few key privacy messages.
- We only collect personal information where this is necessary to carry out our functions.
- We may collect personal information directly from a person or other people or agencies, and we may generate personal information when we carry out our functions.
- If we collect any data, we store it (including your personal information) on a secure Microsoft Azure cloud platform and we use Microsoft Office 365 applications. We protect our data with all reasonable technical and process controls.
- We will only use and share personal information where necessary to carry out the functions for which we collected it, or if required by law.
We collect the following anonymised information about the use of our website (though please note we make no efforts to associate this with an individual identity):
- IP address
- search terms used
- pages, resources, and files accessed on our website and links clicked on
- date and time visited the site
- referring site (if any) through which our site was accessed
- operating system used (such as Windows 10)
- type of web browser used (such as Mozilla Firefox)
- type of device used for browsing.
Third party providers
We use some third-party providers to manage some of our engagement processes and services, such as newsletters, events registration, live chat and e-learning. Where we do this, any personal information you provide (such as your email address) may also be collected and stored by this provider and you should also check their privacy statements when using those services. We take steps to ensure that any providers we use protect any personal information they process for us.
We use the following third-party providers.
- Google Analytics (by Google LLC) – to collect web analytics
- Mailgun (by Mailgun Technologies Inc.) – to send our system generated e-mails.
- Gravity Forms (by Rocketgenious Inc.) – to collect information via website
- Recordbase (by Wild Bamboo ltd.) – for client management
- Cornerstone (by Cornerstone OnDemand Inc.) – for recruitment purposes
Links to social networking services
We use social networking site Facebook, to communicate with the public about our work. When you communicate with us using these sites, the social networking service may collect your personal information for its own purposes.
These services may track your use of our website on those pages where their links are displayed. If you are logged into those services (including Facebook and any Google service) while using our site, their tracking will be associated with your profile with them.
These services have their own privacy statements which are independent of ours. They do not have any access to the personal information we hold on our systems.
Storage, retention, and security
We use third party providers to store and process our data.
We store most of the personal information we collect and generate electronically on Microsoft Azure cloud servers located in Australia, Digital Ocean servers in Singapore and Amazon Web Services servers. We also use Microsoft Office 365 for our email and other office productivity applications. While your information may be stored overseas, we only use providers that have comparable privacy safeguards to New Zealand.
We retain personal information in compliance with the requirements of the Public Records Act 2005.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that our third-party data processors can meet our privacy and security requirements.
What we do with personal information
We will only use the personal information provided to us through the use of this website for the purposes of delivering the services or information requested or carrying out our lawful functions.
We may use personal information to:
- verify an identity
- contact a person about a request, query, registration or possible research or evaluation related to a workshop or event
- follow up for research or evaluation
- inform research, evaluation and quality improvement
- sending an electronic or hard copy newsletter, resource, or information as requested
- considering and responding to an enquiry
- improving our website and the delivery of our online services
- conducting internal statistical analysis and meet our reporting requirements.
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim.
Opting out of certain uses of your information
When you visit the Wise Property Solutions website it will attempt to set cookies on your browser. A cookie is a text file that a website transfers to your browser to remember specific information about your visit or visits. Some of these cookies may remain on your computer after you close your browser. Some of these cookies are from organisations we use to monitor website usage.
You can configure your internet browser not to store cookies and set your browser to ask for your permission before it accepts a cookie.
Contact Wise Property Solution Privacy Officer
Wise Property Solutions Privacy Officer
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
New policy published